You can do great things with a college education and opportunity is knocking! If you haven’t already applied for the fall semester, don’t delay any longer. Classes are still available at the 116 California community colleges across the state, allowing you to remain home or close to home.
Students who obtain a degree or certificate from a California community college nearly double their earnings within three years, which puts them on track to earn a good living wage and be able to provide for themselves and their families. And attending a California community college doubles an individual’s chance of finding a job compared to those who do not complete high school.
Community colleges offer:
- Associate degrees, certificates and transfer programs as well as more than 200 career training programs
- Flexible scheduling and support resources such as tutoring, counseling, career planning and health and wellness
- Late-start classes which start at different times throughout the semester and offer the same amount of credits in a more condensed timeframe
- An opportunity to transfer to a four-year university or college with guaranteed junior status after two years at a California community college
- A variety of financial aid opportunities to students year-round including grants, scholarships and work study programs as well as dedicated financial aid for Veterans, Foster Youth and Dreamers
- And much more.
Your first step towards a dream career is to visit ICanGoToCollege.com—a new website available in English and Spanish that has bundled information about enrollment, financial aid, career education and transfer programs all in one central location. The website also offers a short online Career Opportunities quiz that can you learn about potential career paths that align with your interests.