Public Policy & Advocacy
Sacramento NCBW is an advocacy organization committed to driving meaningful change for Black women and girls.
We achieve our objectives through position papers, policy alerts, meetings with decision makers, testifying at local and state hearings, and planning and coordinating NCBW’s annual Legislative Day at the Capitol for the California chapters.
Our advocacy objectives include:
- Closing the achievement gap in education
- Eliminating health disparities
- Addressing societal injustices and systemic racism
- Equal Pay for women, especially Black women
- Actively promoting voter education, voter registration, and voter turnout among Black youths and adults and the community at large
- Actively supporting/opposing initiatives that impact the betterment of the Black community and the community at large
NCBW Sacramento participates in NCBW’s National Census Campaign, “Keep it 100,” aimed at ensuring there is a complete count for the 2020 U.S. Census.
“Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people need.”
~ U.S. Senator, Dianne Feinstein